Re: Software request

Beartooth wrote:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 02:03:47 +0930, Tim wrote:
	[....]
so how do I get to vimtutor? Launch it from the CLI?
Go into a terminal, type vi and hit TAB...

OK. I got a little bit of somewhat cryptic info about vi, and page after page about the GPL or the children in Uganda. Then it came to a dead end, afaict -- a screen blank except for a line of some character down the side in blue.

^C got me a line saying to type ":quit" to get out of the remaining featureless page.

	I did, and it did -- i.e., gave me my prompt back.

This is interaction?? Or there's something there that you have to already know vi to see??

PS: I tried it again, to see what the blue margin was. This time it asked me if I wanted to see all 205 possibilities. I told it no.

That's qith a space between "vi" and the tab. Without the space, it does nothing, afaict. Does that mean "You had your chance; now to hell with you"?

Open a terminal and type vimtutor and press enter.

Bob