Re: Firefox 3 hogging 90% CPU, can anything be done about this?

I wouldn't presume to tell Alan Cox what to do, either, and I don't think I did. Apologies if it came across that way.

Hugh

Message: 10 Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:32:41 -0700 From: Craig White <craigwhite azapple com> Subject: Re: Firefox 3 hogging 90% CPU, can anything be done about this? To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list redhat com> Message-ID: <1239737561 13027 828 camel lin-workstation azapple com> Content-Type: text/plain On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 11:58 -0700, Hugh Caley wrote:
> Guess I'll just go look at Youtube with my javascript DOM/SVG viewer and > ... wait ;) > > Personally, I think if Alan Cox contacted the head Linux programmer at > Adobe that would be helpful. > > I also think you guys (we) are winning the Open Source versus > proprietary war, slowly but surely. At the moment, that doesn't make my > Linux desktop experience suck much less.
----
as a counterpoint but probably unhelpful is my opinion that...

- every time I go to youtube.com, the stuff works fine.

- I no longer get the race conditions FF 3.07/Fedora 10 but when I had
problems with FF, they always seemed to be related to AdobeReader plugin
in FF which I just simply removed and my problems went away. PDF files
downloaded and AdobeReader opened in its own memory space instead of
within Firefox.

- I'm using KDE 4.x on Fedora 10 and I don't think the Linux desktop
experience sucks at all.

- I don't tell Alan Cox what to do about anything and I wouldn't expect
him to listen to me if I did.

Craig

--
Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator