Re: Chown ???

On 04/10/2009 09:51 AM, Tim wrote:
If you're a moderately old-timer, you can do hex to binary in your head.
If you're even older, you can do octal to decimal, and vice versa.  For
extra brownie points, you know EBCDIC in your head.  ;-)

I used to and I still have one of my old IBM cards. And as with Rick, I also had a DEC Alpha. Never likes the MicroVax, but I once worked on PDP-11 serial number 2 (named Gollem on Decnet in Spitbrook Road). My original desktop system was an Apple II (with a manual partially handwritten by Woz).

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf blu org>
Boston Linux and Unix