Re: how to config 80 port for apache in iptables

Nathan Huang wrote:
Hi guys
who can help me with opening 80 port for apache in iptables, I want to
access my apache server from remote computer,  but I failed in config
iptables with 80 port.

First step:
echo '-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport
80 -j ACCEPT' >> /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Second step:
/sbin/service iptables restart

error:
iptables: Flushing firewall rules:                         [  OK  ]
iptables: Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: filter          [  OK  ]
iptables: Unloading modules:                               [  OK  ]
iptables: Applying firewall rules: iptables-restore: line 15 failed
                                                           [FAILED]

who can tell me what's wrong with my iptable configuration.
thanks
nathan

Please have a look at system-config-firewall. It should fit your needs.

If you have questions or comments, feel free to answer.

Thanks,
Thomas