Re: ATI radeon Xpress 1270 video forced me to go with simple video

Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 21:13 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
just unwrapped my spanking new (ok, refurbished) gateway m-1626,
with ATI radeon xpress 1270 video, and going with a default install
with f11 beta x86_64 results in the install hanging right after:

  detecting hardware ...

this is entirely reproducible, and all of the text being printed
before that ends up shifted to the right on the screen almost 1/2 way
across.

  eventually selected installing with simple video driver and it got
past that point nicely.  just thought i'd mention it.

How does the installed system work, okay? What video driver is it using?

I have a similar issue, my system works booted off the Live CD of a few days ago, but glxgears run faster with the vesa driver than the default radeondrmfb it chooses to use. The laptop says it uses a 1250, probably very similar to yours. If I can find time to try an install to a USB drive I'll try the flgrx driver, although the fc10 version of that didn't work well.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>