Re: kernel-2.6.29.1-30 doesn't boot

Dan wrote:
Just updated the kernel about an hour ago.

Fedora 10 (x86)
Dell GX240
VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 Pro Ultra TF

When booting it gets as far as "starting anacron" and then I just
get a black screen with keyboard and mouse frozen.
Dmesg and boot log offer no hints.

Anyone come across this or have any suggestions?

Kind Regards,
Dan

Hi Dan,

I can't confirm this: My box boots completely with this kernel kernel-2.6.29.1-30.fc10.i686 from the updates-testing repo and is fully operable.

VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200] (rev a1)

--

Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>