RE: Install F10 on a machine that has no CD/DVD drive, i.e. VPS

> What kind of interface do you get to these VPS's? Can you see the grub
> menu when they boot? If so, what about copying the kernel and initrd
> from an F10 DVD, adding the appropriate entry into /etc/grub.conf and
> then booting to the installer?
>
> Something like:
>
> title F10upgrade
>     root (hd0,0)
>     kernel /vmlinuz-f10 text askmethod
>     initrd /initrd-f10
>
> And then if it boots (I suggest trying this on a local system first
> because I'm inventing this as I go along) you can do an anaconda
> upgrade
> in text mode.
>
> --
> Sam

This is a good idea Sam, we thought about this, but then we also thought
what if there is an error and it just hangs? I'll have to get the hosts
to reboot the machine, but then it would just come up again to the same
error This machine is a production machine, so I'm a bit wary of
trusting it to the colo techies! I mean I trust them, but still, it's my
responsibility!