indirect nx access?

Hi,

I don't understand how to access my workstation when I'm travelling.

I have two computers on a router that has a routable address. Port 22 and 80 are forwarded to a small underpowered computer hosting a dozen web sites. I can remotely access the cli there using ssh and check for updates and look at the load, which is pretty much all I ever want to do on that computer. Then while logged in on that machine I can ssh to my own workstation which is also on 192.168.0 and get a cli there. But that is almost useless, because I really want to use an x session on that machine so I can check my mail (kmail on F7). I can easily run freenx server on my station but I don't see how I can get in through the publicly accessible machine and tunnel into my station. I basically can not change the server and it doesn't have the horsepower to run a freenx session without seriously degrading the response times for its users.

So ideally I'd pack around a usb memory stick with a copy of the !m client and then somehow indirectly access my station from some internet cafe. It seems to me that if I can do it with ssh it should be possible to get an x session that way too but I don't know how.

Ideas? stuff to read?

TIA

Dave