Re: looking for pre-configured RHat derived server for mail

Mike, I owned a small dial up internet service and used Communigate Pro as our mail server. The setup is via a web browser and worked fantastic, it was very stable and I ran it initially on RedHat 7 up through RedHat 9. Hope this helps. Jim

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak" <mjc avtechpulse com> To: "Community assistance, encouragement,and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: looking for pre-configured RHat derived server for mail

Claude Jones wrote:
I know there are a number of Redhat/Centos/and even Fedora specialized distributions out there that are packaged for server use. Can any one recommend any that they've used? We have an aging mail server, Debian based, that is failing and need to replace quickly. GUI based would be a plus. I am only going to be able to marginally contribute to getting this going, but will probably be involved in maintenance. We just need to do mail with this machine. I've looked at SME and BlueOnyx so far, but, both seem to be command line based. I understand the security advantages of not running X but, we'd rather live with that downside and have a GUI for various reasons. Your experiences appreciated...

You could use stock Fedora with postfix, with webmin to provide a web-based gui...

- Mike