Re: What's the difference between /etc/init.d and /sbin/service

Le 18/04/2009 18:59, Lars E. Pettersson a écrit :

> Exactly what is the problem with the apache /etc/init.d/-script?

One example (probably very specific, but I have to fight with it,
in my first experience of sysadmin...)

You use want to use apache with php and Oracle.

In your root environment you have all the stuff needed
(mainly LD_LIBRARY_PATH, yes I know it's stupid, but it's Oracle)

If you use /etc/init.d/httpd script apache will start.

On next reboot it wouldn't because of missing environment ;)

+