openoffice pdf export font problems

Has anyone seen this in Fedora 10?  I've got some equations (a few
arrays, but the problem also affects '4 times 4') in a .odt file and
exporting them to PDF from OpenOffice in F10 results in odd glyphs in
place of the characters I'd expect.  The same .odt exported from
OpenOffice 2.3 in Fedora 8 turns out fine.

--
imalone