poorly written xorg.conf leads to frozen computer

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 20 06:26:41 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 23:20 -0500, anonymous wrote:
> I wanted to change the screen resolution used during the gdm and map
> some buttons on my mouse. I normally accomplish this using an
> xorg.conf file, but I noticed that Fedora (and every other distro) no
> longer uses this as it's not even present.

GDM doesn't use the same Xorg server, it used to be possible to
configure its display by giving it an xorg.conf file in its
own /etc/gdm/ directory.  See if that's still the case.

> Also, on a side note, does anyone know how to change the number of
> workspaces in Gnome?

In Fedora 9, and prior releases, you can right click on the workspace
switcher, and set preferences.  I don't know if that's changed in newer
releases.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686