Re: poorly written xorg.conf leads to frozen computer

anonymous-91 wrote:

> How can I just prevent X from starting up, so I can delete that file?
> Currently I have the plymouth boot going so I'm not sure how to stop the
> process.

When you boot, interrupt the boot process and edit the kernel line to put
the number "3" at the end.  Then continue the boot into runlevel 3.  Login
and remove the file and then reboot which should revert to what you had
before with a full graphical login in runlevel 5