Re: Monitor instantly sleeps

FYI...I found that the Screen Effects was off...turning it on fixed the sleepy monitor...not sure why

At 01:51 AM 4/19/2009, Frank Cox wrote:
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:19:27 -0400
greg michalski wrote:

> After installing Fedora 10, my monitor goes to sleep in about two
> seconds.  If I
>  > turn the monitor off and on I see the desktop and can use mouse,
> pulldowns. But
>  > the the monitor goes back to sleep after another 2 seconds...Is
> this a setup
>  > issue?

Does this happen on the login screen or only after you have logged in to your
desktop?

If it happens only after you log into your desktop, then you have a problem
with your screensaver settings.

System - Preferences - Look and Feel - Screensaver

Greg Michalski, Assistant Professor
http://www.purdue.edu/eas/michalski/
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Purdue University
550 Stadium Mall Dr.
Lafayette IN.47907