Re: ssh problem

On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 10:44 -0400, Dave Feustel wrote:
> I am trying to set up ssh for use on my local network.
> When I try to access f9 with ssh from suse, the connection is refused.
> When I try to access suse with ssh from f9, ssh hangs.
> AFICT, all other ssh invocations on both f9 and suse succeed.
> Is ssh being blocked by a problem with the f9 firewall?
> How can I check?
----
RedHat/Fedora systems will default to doing DNS reverse lookup on SSH
connection which on a LAN, will take a long time if you don't have the
systems registering with local DNS server or in /etc/hosts.

I suspect that SuSE is either firewall or configuration difference.

Craig

believed to be clean.