Re: Wireless Woes

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 09:48 -0500, Seann Clark wrote:
All,

I am very new to wireless in linux ( I can so so new it almost hurts actually) I understand about 70% of what I need to do, but there is information that I need that is long since forgotten by me (It has been years since I have had to fight with an OS to find an interface) so I am looking for help.

You don't actually say what help you need. What is the question? What
works? What doesn't work?

poc

I apologize, I left that out by accident. How do you pull up the actual wireless network device? The last time I had to do anything like this was on Solaris 8 (ifconfig plumb I believe) but seeing as Linux has always been good and shown the network cards by default, I am having a hard time remembering how to pull up the new device. The module and driver are loaded, the USB output lists the right driver, but I only have eth0, lo, and virbr0. I don't remember what /dev item a new network interface would be and I have no clue how the newer kernels list these devices (last time I was working on stuff like this was 2.4 kernels)

~Seann