Fedora 10 incorrect "no network connection"

Usually I ssh into my Linux machine and use the CLI but sometimes I do
log on from the attached keyboard/screen. In those cases, every time I
start Firefox, it starts in offline mode. There is also an icon in
the toolbar that says "no network connection", even though there is.
It's wired.

When I use the Firefox option to turn off "offline mode",
everything is fine, until I close/restart Firefox.

And the network connection works fine... I can always connect from other machines via ssh, connect to it's web server etc...

What can I do to correct whatever it is that's reporting "no network connection"?

Thanks for any suggestions.