Re: selinux and per-user web directories

Sorry folks, my fault.
The logs did show that there was an .htaccess file I was unaware of in the directory.
I went ahead and set AllowOverride to ALL, please tell me if this is a bad thing.

No, if you're using paths other than the apache default, you have to
use the system-config-selinux tool to tell Selinux about it.

I went back used semanage as per the fedora selinux manual.

/usr/sbin/semanage fcontext -a -t httpd_sys_content_t "/web(/.*)?"
/sbin/restorecon -R -v /web

Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW, this seems like an awful lot to accomplish what I would think is a common task.
Isn't it normal to need a per-user web directory? Or is there some other easier way like changing the permissions for a directory in the server root?