Re: Firefox 3 hogging 90% CPU, can anything be done about this?

I used to install both NoScript and Flashblock myself.

The reason?  Even when I "trust" a site, I still don't want it loading
Flash whenever it wants.  Bogs down my browsing.  So even when I trust
a site, Flashblock keeps the extra flash games and ads from running,
unless I want it to.

I eventually got rid of Flashblock -- I discovered NoScript has a
"disable automatic stuff even on trusted sites" option, so I turn that
on.  It works similar to Flashblock -- flash is replaced by a
clickable box, which I can use to enable the flash video.  I do turn
off the "are you sure you want to run this flash video?" message
though.

NoScript on its own works just fine, and does all I need it to.  Very handy.