Re: CPU freq & core temp

Steven F. LeBrun wrote:
DJ Delorie wrote:
What's the current "right" way to tell Linux (F10 in my case) to slow
down the CPU speed when the core temperature is too high?  (aside from
the box's built-in "turn on wind turbines before it melts" option ;)

Have you taken a look at sensors-applet (http://sensors-applet.sourceforge.net)?

It works on my Toshiba laptop running Fedora 10.  I found it the other day already installed on my laptop which means that I probably downloaded it from one the standard repositories that I use for Fedora 10 or that it was part of the Fedora 10 DVD iso image since I did not install it from SourceForge.net.

--
  Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: "Behold the lowly turtle," the astronaut had quoted. "He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out."
     -- Ben Bova, from "Return to Mars"

sensors-applet is part of the gnome-applet-sensors package.

--
  Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: "The objection to fairy stories is that they tell children there are dragons. But children have always known there are dragons. Fairy stories tell children that dragons can be killed."
     -- G.K. Chesterton