Remote administration of FC 10 headless servers.

I just installed FC10 on my home server. I access it via xrdp. The first time I tried to install some packages via the graphical package manager it told me that I was not using a local console, and exited. This machine doesn't have a console! How are we supposed to administer headless servers?
wcn