PackageKit run scheduling?

PackageKit has been driving me nuts, lately.  It will kick off installing updates in the middle of the day, while I'm trying to work, which drives my load average up to 3 or 4, basically making the machine unusable.

Is there a way to control when PackageKit runs?  I'd like to schedule it to download and install all updates at 3 AM, every night.

Alternatively, how do I disable PackageKit entirely?

-Ryan