Re: PackageKit run scheduling?

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 18:29 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> Not to be contentious, but because I want to know if I'm missing
> anything : what is the benefit of running PackageKit, rather than "yum
> clean all" followed by "yum update" at *my* convenience daily?

Well, codec installing, mime type installing, font installing, plugin
and dictionary installing.... removing the whole infrastructure makes a
lot of the other bits stop working. It's perfectly okay to leave it
installed, and just not let it ever check for updates itself. It also
allows you to use yum and rpm directly without getting in the way.

Have a look at www.packagekit.org if you need to see use-cases and
screenshots. Thanks.

Richard.