can't reconncet vpn after config my network

Hi guys
When I configed my network, and reactived it, I found that I could not reconnect my vpn, I typed vpnc in command line the response is 'no response from target daemon' What's wrong with my performance? What else should I restart again after I config my network? (I am using network instead of networkmanager)
thanks in advance
nathan