Re: Virtualization for Beginner

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Erik P. Olsen wrote:

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:07:11 +0200
From: Erik P. Olsen <epodata gmail com>
To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora."
    <fedora-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: Virtualization for Beginner

On 22/04/09 11:05, das wrote:
On 4/22/09, Erik P. Olsen <epodata gmail com> wrote:

yum install VirtualBox is piece of cake.

I am reading this mail on an F10 box, and yum install VirtualBox and tried this:

[root dia ~]# yum install VirtualBox
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package VirtualBox available.
Nothing to do

And I searched for all spelling variations of VirtualBox: there is
nothing like that. :(

Okay, maybe the piece of cake was a little larger than what I remember :-)
I actually went to http://www.virtualbox.org, downloaded the package for
Fedora and did a yum localinstall

which was the correct thing to do as, the last time i looked, there is no yum repository for VirtualBox. perhaps those folks could be convinced to set one up, and provide a yum repo file for it?

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday