Using CCSM in preference to Gnome Compiz Settings

Hi,

Despite install ccsm I can't seem to get any of the additional feature
to work. Although I can configure keys on CCSM they don't work and
when I deliberately configure clashing keys the ccsm GUI doesn't warn
of a clash (or see them in the Advanced search pane).

I suspect the compiz settings are being put into different places and
compiz only paying attention to one. How do I ensure that I can use
ccsm over compiz manager to configure my compiz experience?

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
CV: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/cv.php