determining this UUID stuff

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Apr 26 16:08:42 UTC 2009

On Sunday 26 April 2009, Craig White wrote:
>On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 00:13 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> Returned null.  Oh, no argument, then it works.  Including for swaps!
>
>----
>well, technically, it only lists physical devices and if you have an lvm
>setup with swap and logical volumes, it may require you to execute
>lvdisplay to see them.
>
>As for arguments, it actually has a man page

Incredible!  An honest to goodness manpage for blkid?  By golly, so it does,
Amazing...  I have gotten used to all this new stuff not having one cuz the
authors are too busy|lazy to write a manpage for their latest masterpiece. :(

Offtopic:
The audio guys in particular.  Sometimes I long for the OSS days, at least it
worked when it worked, not this heavily distorted from overloads whisper at
subliminal levels for all system sounds I have now.  From FF, all the plugins
work great, but kde's sound effects other than the Charge that k3b plays at
the end are of the did I hear that, or was that my imagination working
overtime.  There is no one on this list who has the foggiest idea how to get
the crap fedora ships to actually work, and only maybe 10% of it has manpages.

So I first gave it the argument /dev/sdc, figuring it would just show that
device, but that returned a null.  By itself with no argument, the whole list
in short form.  Nice.  fstab fixed.  Thank you.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)