Re: getting sound working (was determining this UUID stuff)

Gene Heskett wrote:

> Offtopic:
> The audio guys in particular.  Sometimes I long for the OSS days, at least it
> worked when it worked, not this heavily distorted from overloads whisper at
> subliminal levels for all system sounds I have now.  From FF, all the plugins
> work great, but kde's sound effects other than the Charge that k3b plays at
> the end are of the did I hear that, or was that my imagination working
> overtime.  There is no one on this list who has the foggiest idea how to get
> the crap fedora ships to actually work, and only maybe 10% of it has manpages.

I know the feeling - it took me a while to get sound working
correctly after upgrading to Fedora 10. Pulse Audio insisted on
trying to use device 1 instead of device 0. So it could not output
to my sound card. And because it was using the card, nothing else
could. Once I fixed that goof, all is well again.

Mikkel