strange ImageMagick dependencies

brian fedora at logi.ca
Tue Apr 28 02:19:06 UTC 2009

I was about to yum install ImageMagick on a FC8 server when I saw that
it would require some 47MB of dependencies, including a ton of gnome
packages, metacity, bluecurve-icon-theme and other xWindow stuff. This
is a headless server and I'd really rather not have to install all this
(in this particular situation) cruft.

Anyone have any idea how to get around this? If there are just a couple
of libs i can install that'll keep yum from listing off ~60
dependencies, that'd be fine. I'm just not that familiar with all of
this to be able to pick through it.