Re: nVidia vs. ATI graphics card for fedora

Le 28/04/2009 16:25, Globe Trotter a écrit :
Hi,

I am ordering a souped-up workstation and I was wondering which graphics card is preferable for running fedora:

a 256 MB PCIe x16 nVidia NVS 290, Dual Monitor capable

or

ATI Fire GL V3600 256MB, Dual Monitor DVI Capable 	  	ATI3600

What would you suggest? I do not need huge 3-d acceleration and stuff, but want it to work well.

Please let me know if I should provide more information.

Best wishes,
Trotter

I would personnaly choose a nvidia card, and I would use the proprietary driver. Every-day user-experience is more "smooth" and looks prettier to me (windows rendering, refresh, switch, and so on) with the proprietary drivers. (Same for ATI imho).