Re: Question about upgrading Fedora (from fc6 to FC10)

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 04:15:07 -0700,
  Mike Cloaked <mike cloaked gmail com> wrote:

> If I had that system my inclination would not be to do an upgrade but to do
> a clean install of F10.  Before doing so I would backup the user areas and
> any system config files to a safe drive.  Then after installing F10 I would

I would also recommend a fresh install at this point. However I would consider
going right to F11. The preview release is out today and not too much is
supposed to change before the final release.

Most of the stuff you want to back up is in /home, /etc and /var. You might
also be using /usr/local.