Re: nVidia vs. ATI graphics card for fedora

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 08:17:48 -0700,
  Globe Trotter <itsme_410 yahoo com> wrote:

> Thanks very much! I will try for an older graphics card. Do I have options other than ATI or nVidia that would not have these issues. I do not want to mess with kernel and driver re-configurations. I expect it to be a month before my machine actually shows up, btw.

The ATI information is a bit outdated. Support for r5xx cards is pretty
good in F11. r6xx and r7xx stuff is still a work in progress, but 2D
support is already working. This is with the radeon driver
(xorg-x11-drv-ati) not the propietary driver.