SCIM stopped working after close_to_latest (days ago) updates

I use F10 daily with SCIM. Several days ago after I updated F10, I could no longer bring out the SCIM input bar with the hot key (set to the default key combination Ctrl-space). The SCIM icon, however, still shows up. Please take a look what is wrong. Thank you!

vax9000