Problems sending Emails

Jim jwwilliams629 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 29 23:35:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 18:07 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 15:16 -0400, Jim wrote:
>
> > Your error says basically the email address you are sending to doesn't
> > exists, Recheck the address and spelling making sure they are correct.
> > also check for a space you may have inserted before the recipient's
> > user name in the email address. I have found that problem on
> > customers' machines when I owned an internet service. If spelling is
> > correct and no spaces or periods in the address then confirm the
> > proper email address with the recipient.
>
> He could also have his friend to send an email, then reply to it and see
> what happens?  Or he gets the same error no matter what and already
> tried it?
>
> --
> Mike Chambers
> Madisonville, KY
>
> Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
> miketc302 at fedoraproject.org

   That works sometimes, I have found also that sometimes a user has
made an error in their own return address.
   and have even found they had an incorrect e-mail address set up in
their email client. so replying didn't always work either. Thankfully
today most
   servers require authenication which helps eliminate that problem.