How to find which disk a LUN is mapped to

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 10:21:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 10:16 +0100, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 13:25 +1200, Paul Ward wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I need to find out which disk LUN6 points to on my RH3 box.

Hmm. I just noticed that version. If you mean RHEL3 rather than Fedora
Core 3 then you're unfortunately out of luck. The 2.4 kernel in RHEL3
doesn't have sysfs. You can still match this up but you might find it
easier to just look in dmesg - when the SCSI devices are registered (at
boot or when they are added to the system) you should see the device
name as well as the bus address logged.

Regards,
Bryn.