Re: Blocked port 25 activity -

Allan Swanepoel wrote:
Check if sendmail is trying to send something, it uses port 25 to
send, and i don't think google is going to accept it without
authentication.
Google may not accept it but my firewall is set to block port 25. I'm not sure how to investigate sendmail but I do see the following:

   [bobg box9 ~]$ service sendmail status
   /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: line 155: /var/run/sendmail.pid:
   Permission denied
   sendmail/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: line 155: /var/run/sendmail.pid:
   Permission denied
    dead but pid file exists
   sm-client (pid  3063) is running.
   ..
   [bobg box9 ~]$ su
[root box9 bobg]# service sendmail status
   sendmail (pid  3054) is running...
   sm-client (pid  3063) is running...

I guess about all that says is sendmail is running?

Bob