Apache Virtual Server

Dennis Kaptain dkaptain at yahoo.com.mx
Thu Apr 30 18:01:48 UTC 2009

> Dennis Kaptain wrote:

> > [root at confianza conf]# cat /etc/hosts
> > # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
> > # that require network functionality will fail.
> > 127.0.0.1        localhost.localdomain localhost
> > 127.0.0.1        confianza
> > 127.0.0.1        confianzaZend
> > ::1        localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
> > 192.168.0.2    amor                    amor.
> > 192.168.0.3    esperanza
> > 192.168.0.4    confianza
> > 192.168.0.5     BRNEE2FCB
> > 192.168.0.6    glitter
> > 192.168.0.8    fe
> >

> Here you have "confianza" defined twice in the hosts file. It could make strange
> errors happening.
>
> 127.0.0.1      confianza
> 192.168.0.4    confianza
>
> Othervise the config with * wildcards should work as it's on the example from
> apache's own documentation. But it could be still that you
> need to have ipaddress instead like you found out in your post.
>
> -VPK

I commented out the class c reference to # 192.168.0.4 confianza in /etc/hosts
changed my httpd.conf file to have *:80 in place of 127.0.0.1:80
restarted the network and httpd services and it went back to it's
old behavior of always returning /var/www/html/ regardless of what URL is requested.

So although it may be bad practice that wasn't the problem.
I decided that I really don't need that reference to confianza so
I'll leave it out.

DK

      ¡Obtén la mejor experiencia en la web! Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=mx