[Solved] Re: Fedora 11 does display suspend work for you: CRT vs. LCD

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sat Aug 1 04:06:25 UTC 2009

On 09-07-30 20:02:46, Tony Nelson wrote:
> On Fedora 11, does your display suspend after the screensaver
> activates (assuming that you have asked it to suspend)?  If you know
> whether it does or doesn't, please reply, and say whether your
> display is a CRT or LCD.  I'm trying to get more information before
> filing a bug.

It's the kernel.  2.6.29.4-167.fc11.i586 suspend works.
2.6.29.6-213.fc11.i586 no suspend.  I'll narrow it down more later with
packages from koji.

I still don't know what is actually calling DPMS to suspend the
display, but I do have it working with the original kernel from the
DVD.

I wish I'd tried the kernel sooner.