Monitoring mirror status on Dell SAS 5/iR controller

Ambrogio fn050202 at interfree.it
Sat Aug 1 07:53:31 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm installing Fedora 11 on a Dell PE840.
Disks are connected to the internal RAID controller SAS 5/iR.

I configured the mirror between 2 disks, and now I'm trying to monitor
it with smartd

But smartd on /dev/sda told me that the disk is unsupported.
The disk is discovered by the kernel as
# kernel: scsi 4:1:0:0: Direct-Access     Dell     VIRTUAL DISK     1028 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5

For now I'm able to use the /dev/sg1 and /dev/sg2 to monitor the singol
disk, but I would like to know if there is a tool to monitor the status
of the controller and of the mirror, to know if the mirror is
sincronized or faulted.

Can someone point me to the right tools?

Tnx in advance
 Ambrogio