system-config-display error

orbshield no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Sat Aug 1 17:16:47 UTC 2009

This is not a bug unless your xVM additional software is not working

system-config-display works before installing the guestOS additions
after I did the addition I get the same error
"su -
yum install dkms gcc
cd /media/VBOXADDITIONS_2.2.4_47978
chmod +x VBoxLinuxAdditions-amd64.run
./VBoxLinuxAdditions-amd64.run"

If you remove /etc/X11/xorg.conf (make backup first) you will be able to run system-config-display again but then lose the ability to resize based on your current display mode on the fly by the virtual machine window size by design which is a VERY nice feature.  See below how it should function with pics (please note I did not resize the ruler it automatically did that after I made the screen smaller).
see the pics for an example- note the screen size and ruler

large 1600x1000?
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af285/orbshield/fedora1.jpg [1]

smaller 800 x 600?
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af285/orbshield/fedora2.jpg [2]