How to sort a file -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Aug 2 01:17:11 UTC 2009

Tony Nelson wrote:
> On 09-08-01 17:33:38, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> ...the raw log data is in descending order of date/
>> time and I am adding the latest data in the same order but at the
>> bottom so the list it may show 16:00-15:30 followed by the latest
>> block on the list 16:30-16:00.

> `man tac`

    Wow, I'll see what I can do with "tac." Looks like it will work.

    I thought it was a typo at first! That looks like what I need.

    I've been investigating all the other suggestions but I can't fit
    anything
    to this log data. The content varies from line to line there are no
    delimiters
    that I can use ...

    Thanks all.

    Bob