microsoft natural keyboard 4000 F10/Spell

stan gryt2 at q.com
Mon Aug 3 13:55:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 00:28:33 -0600
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> So it appears that F10/Spell isn't recognized by the keyboard driver
> (or something).  All the rest of the F-keys are recognized and have a
> keycode when F-lock is off, with the single exception of F10/Spell.
>
> Am I just outta-luck here?

A long time ago I used a console app that would return the keycode when
a key was typed.  I can't remember the name of it but it might still
exist.  That would give you a more direct path to the keys, and thus
might find the F10 key code.  It sounds like X is filtering that key for
some other purpose, though, so that might not help in X.