F11: Unable to print to HP LaserJet 4250

Marco Guazzone marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 14:46:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Tim Waugh<twaugh at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 12:40 +0200, Marco Guazzone wrote:
>> Note: With F10 the printer worked perfectly.
>
> Can you send print jobs to that printer from other operating systems
> currently, so that we know the printer itself is not acting up?

Yes this printer is at a University Department. We have Mac, Win
XP/Vista/2003, Fedora 6, 7 and 10.

> Perhaps you could use a Fedora 10 Live CD to see if Fedora 10 still
> prints correctly to that printer?

I've asked to 2 collegues which has installed a F10. Yes they are able to print.
I've also compared the PPD installed on a F10 with my own PPD and they
are almost identical (except for some default settings)

> I'm not sure which application you are printing from, but often you can

evince

The doc I'm trying to print is available at:
http://enterprise.amd.com/Downloads/Ziff_Power_and_Cooling_IT_.pdf

WAIT!!... I've just tried to print the Test Page from
system-config-printer and it works.
But, then when I tried to print the doc above (from evince) it failed.
Then I've tried with Acrobat Reader 9.1.3 and it works!

So, I think is an evince problem, do you?

-- Marco