What are Microsoft codecs?

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Fri Aug 7 01:33:20 UTC 2009

> On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 05:50 +0500, gilpel at altern.org wrote:

> The Internet has a vast amount of information and if you want more
> targeted information, try wikipedia.org...they will have the answers to
> each of the things you are wondering about above, including what makes
> ODF files smaller.

All the information, and its contrary, are on the net, but how long does
it take before somebody explains that the reason Fedora provides Totem is
that, this way, they wash their hands of the proprietary codecs because to
read WMV videos you'll need to buy Fluendo?

How long does it take before you learn that pretty much all information on
the net about installing NVIDIA drivers is plain disinformation, that
maybe the only place you'll find valid instruction is rpmfusion.

How long do you believe it would take to find answers to the questions I
just asked in a comprehensive, yet easy to understand manner? I would say
months.

You don't like my threads, White? Just buzz off, you, O'Callaghan and
Greshko. Killfile me instead of cluttering the threads that you say
shouldn't appear.

At least, when only interested people participate, it will make them shorter.