auto-updates

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri Aug 7 16:01:38 UTC 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 16:26:43 Gar Nelson wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 16:07 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> >> I get to read your emails, and wonder why the hell I'm sitting here
> >> trying to make a difference.
> >
> > ----
> > because most of us are not ungrateful and insulting. Please do not
> > consider a handful of vociferous jerks as representative of the
> > community.
> >
> > Craig
>
> +1
>
> (amazingly enough, I'm not top posting this)  I agree.  I'm quite happy
> with all the work done on PackageKit, and how my Fedora system goes
> about updating itself.  I don't think I have an IQ of 4, but if I do,
> I've so far managed to hide that from my employer. I get notices when
> updates are available for my system, I'm given a choice of which updates
> to apply and which updates to skip,

Oops - you've put your finger on the weak point - you do need a certain level
of intelligence to see that ;-)

> the updates get applied, and any
> dependencies get resolved -- I'm happy as a clam.  Thank you to all that
> contribute to making this such a smooth and enjoyable process.

It's human nature that folk who complain make the most noise, but there a
great many people who do appreciate what Richard and others do.  It's fairly
rare for them to say so, unfortunately.

Anne