TightVNC Server

Philip Seeger philip at philip-seeger.de
Sun Aug 9 20:07:28 UTC 2009

Thanks for the advice, but I know that - even though I'm a windows user :-)

I wasn't logged in into the GUI as root, because this is blocked in Fedora 11 by default.
I just had a console window running, which was logged in as root (su root). And after compiling and installing the vnc server, I forgot to login (the console window) as normal user before running the vncserver. That's the reason.

Normally I never work as root - not even on Windows!

But thanks!