Problems getting bind working on F11

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 10 06:42:20 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 23:09 -0400, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> These all yield the same "REFUSED" response.

I missed seeing this in your named.conf file:

   allow-query     { localhost; };

I think that's the only thing standing in your way, now.

I can't remember if it can actually be a hostname (doesn't sound a
clever idea, how would it work if the name server can't resolve the
name), or has to be a name of an ACL rule.  On my server, it's a ACL
rule name.

  allow-query { lan; };

  acl lan {
          192.168/16;