F11: Installing F11 while running under F8/9/10?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 10 16:39:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 09:22 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I have always booted from LiveCD and proceeded to
> install Fx in this manner, but a question popped into
> my mind asking if it is possible to install F11 while
> running under say, F8/9/10?  Is this possible?

There's virtualisation, if you actually want to run the installer within
a running OS.  But if you simply mean to keep your existing
installation, and install another release separately, you can do that
too.  Just have some spare space, and ensure that the new install is
done into that space.  Multibooting...

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686