gvim lockup on f10

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Mon Aug 10 18:36:00 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Running f10 here.

I've had gvim lockup solid on me about a dozen times so far.

Symptom is that it's window won't accept focus (mouse cursor disappears
on hover) so I have to resort killing it by clicking on the "X" control
in the title bar.

Then when it is restarted it warns that there already exists a .swp file
and should it (Recover, Edit Anyway, Abort, Quit) but that window is
also locked up and gvim has to be "X"ed away again.

After removing its swap I can restart it and it will run normally, at
least for a while.

Removing my .gvimrc has no effect on the situation.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks for any feedback.

:m)