no updates - empty software sources

Jim Cromie jim.cromie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 22:57:34 UTC 2009

Ive noticed that my recently upgraded to F-11 PC
(7/11/09, per /root/upgrade.log) hasnt seen any updates,
but my fresh install on laptop does.

System-Admin-Sofware-Sources is empty, no doubt related.
Update Software window shows icons on right, but "no results found"
from clicking on them.

how do I add them back ?
packagekit help says:

    additional software for many Linux distributions - check your
    distribution-specific documentation for more information.

I didnt find anything relevant

Lastly, can anyone shed any light on this ?
IE guess how things went wrong ;-)

[root at groucho ~]# /usr/bin/verifytree
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/verifytree", line 17, in <module>
    import yum
ImportError: No module named yum
[root at groucho ~]# rpm -Vv yum
Unsatisfied dependencies for yum-3.2.23-3.fc10.noarch:
    python(abi) = 2.5 is needed by yum-3.2.23-3.fc10.noarch

There is no 2.5 in F-11, but I dont remember any warning
about losing update functionality.
Do I need to tweak something to make yum run on 2.6,
or something else perhaps ??